Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1/23... HSPU's

Gymnastics
Handstand progression
 
Benchmark WOD  ”Diane”
21-15-9
Deadlifts (70/100kg)
HSPU
8:55 (mat/plate for HSPU's, 50kg deadlift)

Deadlifts in a WOD - I can't remember the last time we did deadlifts in a WOD so this was fun especially after PRing last week on the deadlift ladder.  I decided to go with 50kg though could probably have done 60kg easy.  First two rounds I did consecutive reps until 5 left and then finished them off, the last go I did all 9 at once.  I'm feeling it though today in my glutes and hamstrings but it's such a good hurt.

First time I've done HSPU's in a WOD.  It was a ton of fun though I had to modify them a little.  I lowered down to a mat on a plate so not the full depth and then pushed back up for most of the reps - I managed 4 consecutive the first two rounds which was awesome.  Some of the reps ended up just being me lowering myself down and not pushing back up but most were pushing back up.  I was quite happy with this.

I was extremely nauseous after the WOD - for quite a while actually.  I found during the handstand progression practice before the WOD that just doing one somersault would make me want to hurl so something seems a bit odd.  Handstands themselves though are fine for me so I'm not sure what's going on.  I had to stare at the wall a little as my heart rate came down a bit after the deadlifts before I could even contemplate turning upside down.  Anyone else had issues like this?

Was a fun WOD minus the nausea though...  yay for new skills!

Me! (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment