Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/30 - 2011 Open WOD 1

First day of official WODs in the new box.  New box is longer (approx. 15m) which allows for more running inside.

Games WOD 11.1
AMRAP 10
30 double-unders
15 ground to overhead (25/35kg)
4/4 = 184

This was a great WOD though I paid the price of not hydrating enough and eating lunch too late in the day.  I still managed to have the second best result for the women in the day.

My DU's were solid - the first three sets I did unbroken. Stumbled a bit on round 4 and still managed to get in a few reps in the last 10 seconds or so as well.

The ground to overhead was hard.  My PR for snatches is 28kg and I was at 25.5kg - same as the 40 rep WOD last week.  I knew I could do it but it's amazing how fast that weight gets heavy.  I did 3 clean and presses in the third round but quickly realized that there was just too much extra energy involved in that so went back to solely snatching.  Proud of how I did - glad I have DU's to rely on as well.

Regarding hydration - I had only about 1.5L of water all day prior to WODing - usually I'm closer to 3L before I arrive.  My chest/throat felt like sandpaper and it was really hard to breathe, not fun.  Also, I only ate the second part of my lunch about an hour before working out so it wasn't sitting well in my belly especially with the jumping BUT... I got through it and surprisingly didn't even vomit.  Lesson learned... I mean I knew how I'd feel but some days you just have to go through it again anyway for the reminder.  And with that I'm off to drink more water....

AfterWOD
1-5 KB swings & 30m shuttle runs
6:42 (16kg)

This one got hard when it came to counting number of runs - thankfully Brenda and I were on the same pace so we could check in with each other when one of us would lose count.  Quite funny actually running around in so many circles but still fun.  I probably could have gone harder if the first one didn't hurt as much as it did (see poor hydrating and eating).

New box... Cooee Crossfit

No comments:

Post a Comment