Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1/31...

Warmup
Agility Drills

This was a lung burner by the time it was done - it was definitely true when Match reminded me that "our warm-up is other people's workout" 

WOD
Up & down ladder
10 burpees
20 push-ups
30 KB circles
40 sit-ups
50 KB 1 arm swings
60 squats
13:59 (16kg KB)

When I first got to the box I couldn't figure out why the times for this WOD were so high until I realized that there was an arrow beside the numbers indicating up and down - finish 60 squats and do another 50 KB swings, etc.  Ouch!  There wasn't much rest during the 60 squats so that was close to 100 one arm KB swings in one go.  Definitely a lower back killer.  I used a 16kg KB as well - my old nemesis for two handed swings is now my go to for one armed.  Love the progress!

After the WOD I was talking to Vicky about how it felt and we both agreed that (oddly) the first set of 20 push-ups were a lot harder than the second.  The first set I could do 5 max. but the second second I got the first 10 straight.  Interesting feeling though good because I was really dreading them on the way back down.

Fun WOD - definitely mixed it up here with the movements which was good yet also still very challenging.

AfterWOD (ladder)
1 KB SDHP + 1 shuttle run with the KB (approx. 30m)
2x, 3x, 2x, 1x 
2:58 (16kg KB)

This was fun and I really wanted to beat the 3 guys I was working out with - we all left on the first run about the same time and they were walking, I picked it up right there and set the pace sprinting between the kegs and readjusting the KB as necessary on the corners.  Lots of fun and easier to count when only going up to three and down than the up to 5 was on Monday.  Was really happy that I came in (just) under 3 minutes as well.

Afterward a bunch of us stuck around to learn/talk about the 21 day Primal Challenge that starts today (Feb 1).  More about that in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment