Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/6

Strength: 3-3-3-3 back squat
20 (warmup) - 30-40-50-55

Didn't go any higher as we haven't done much heavy lifting in a while and didn't want to push it.

WOD
3 rounds
10 deadlifts (60/80kg)
50 double-unders
7:24 Rx

This was  both fun and hard.  I knew from the start that the deadlifts would hurt and they did but I managed the first set unbroken.  Then on to the double unders - I did 40 straight which was also kind of funny as Coach Match was standing near me and when I stopped he said - "nice, how many was that? 27? 30?" and I replied with 40 and he was impressed which was awesome.  I am so happy in how my DU's have come along.  Very happy.  Needless to say however that the next two rounds weren't as solid.

The second two rounds of deadlifts I broke into 2 sets of 5.  On the last 5 I was thinking 3 and 2 but realized it'd hurt less if I just struggled through the last two reps and I worked for it.

Was barely able to get 10 reps in a row on the last round of DU's.  Really started to feel it but got through it - tried to shorten my rests to just push through and keep pounding out the reps so that was good... just keep going...

No comments:

Post a Comment