Thursday, February 2, 2012

2/1 - squats...

Warmup
Agility

Finding this is hurting my left foot - feeling a little off the past week or so and this doesn't help.  Though it also probably doesn't help that I've been going barefoot for most workouts so no support on my feet either.  I have to keep an eye on it though as it hasn't been getting better.

WOD
4 rounds for time
3 squat cleans (45/70kg)
6 strict pull-ups
9 front squats (45/70kg)
12 burpee bar hops
15:48 (25.5kg bar/ red band for pull-ups)

I knew going into this that I wouldn't be able to do a heavy weight for the squats, just feeling tired.  I tried a few reps in practice with 28kg and could barely do it - knew I wouldn't be able to do it for the WOD so went with just 25.5kg.  Need to work on squatting heavier.

I was quite happy with the strict pull-ups using only the red band today.  I had a blue band 'just in case' but never actually used it.  It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was just able to do kipping pull-ups with the red band so this was definite progress.

Also, I still strongly dislike burpees.

"After WOD" was a fun timed - put all the equipment from the WOD - away task.  Most people had fun with it working as a team - it's why we come to crossfit after all - the community part of it.  Good times.

As a note - re: Primal day 1 - I started to get a caffeine withdrawal headache about an hour before the WOD which thankfully I didn't notice during the workout.  It came back though quite quickly after and it's still present - hoping it disappears soon.  More on the day 1 primal recap to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment