Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2/28 - Skill Session...

For form, accumulate
30 ring dips
20 HSPU

WOD
Tabata hollow body
Tabata plank hold

This was a good day for skills.  I was super sore/tired from the heavy work on Monday - my shoulders were screaming.  I almost took it as a rest day but wanted a day off before the Games WOD 12.2 and whatever that may bring on Thursday morning (WOD released here on Thursday morning at 9am).

I managed to do the HSPU's down to an ab mat on a 5kg plate and get back up but couldn't get back up if I lowered any further.  I also practiced a few reps with kipping at the end which I definitely need to work on because I tend to fall out of the handstand when I do it.

The ring dips were pretty futile.  I couldn't even managed a ring hold given the state of my shoulders, traps and pecs.  I accumulated approx. 3 minutes of static holds on the parallettes which was still hard.  We are on a rotating 6 day schedule at our box now which means that these skill sessions will come up regularly which I think is pretty good.  I quite enjoyed it - the atmosphere was different and yet everyone was still working hard.

WOD
The hollow body was good - definitely felt it in my core - I don't feel like I've done much specific core work lately so this was good.  I managed probably half with my legs up and the other half of the time with them on the ground.

The plank hold wasn't as bad as I thought it might be (shoulders) and even played around with one arm/one leg up for some of them as well which wasn't too bad.

Rest day today and then tomorrow it's 12.2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment