Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2/20 - Squat Snatches...

30 minutes of squat snatch drills/practice

WOD
300m run
then 4 rounds of
5 squat snatches (choose a weight where you can get full depth in the squat)
5 pull-ups
finish with 300m run
8:32 (18kg, yellow band)

I'm not very good with squat snatches so it was nice to be able to focus just on technique for the first half of the workout without any need to focus on the weight or the clock.  It also helped to then apply this into the WOD with manageable sets of 5 reps each round.

The runs always kill me, I'm just not fast.  That being said I can see my time dropping (though I think I'll always be near the back of the pack).  The pull-ups were good - we've been doing a lot of strict pull-ups lately and being able to kip let me drop down a band and now I'm on the smallest which is a huge improvement and I loved it.  Pretty soon I'll be going Rx (I hope!).

After the WOD (while tired) I tried unassisted pull-ups and managed two consecutive so it's there.  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment