Friday, February 24, 2012

2/24 - 2012 Open WOD 12.1

CrossFit Games WOD 12.1
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of burpees
81

Completely happy with this number.  I was aiming for 80 (based on previous times for 100 burpees) and just squeaked it in.  I was steady throughout - no stopping except quick breathers where I'd adjust prior to jumping up to touch the ring.  Also, apart from maybe 2 or 3 reps I dropped quickly to the floor, pushed right back up to lock out my arms and jumped my feet back up (rather than stepping up which just felt like more work).  My knees are a little scraped up from the rubber mat but I didn't notice in the moment.
I remember Tim coming by and telling me I had completed 50 reps (I couldn't really hear my judge) and I saw I had only 3 minutes left so I knew I'd have to be quick on the last bit to meet my goal which I barely did but I'm happy I did.  There was NO CHANCE that I was going to be attempting this WOD again for a long time (though some people are - crazy!). 

Bonus WOD
7 min AMRAP
3 air squats
5 KB swings
7 sit-ups
1 shuttle run
9/9 = 153 (16kg KB)

This was a fun little WOD and after having my lungs screaming at me during the burpee WOD this one almost felt relaxed.  I went 'lighter' than my (now) typical KB weight which also felt good.  I can get the 16kg KB straight over my head from the ground (vs the 20kg KB which I need a half swing on first) which helps go quicker.  The sprints were all out which also felt awesome.  I'm glad the girls (inadvertently and unknowingly) guilted me into doing it.  Thanks Sharon and Brenda!

Sharon, Brenda, Hun and I - 12.1 Games Scores

No comments:

Post a Comment