Friday, February 17, 2012

2/16 - KB 'Love'...

WOD
KB 'Love'
10 KB push-ups
20 SDHP
30 1 arm swings
40 circles
50 KB swings
40 circles
30 1 arm swings
20 SDHP
10 KB push-ups
1 x KB shuttle carry (20m approx.) between each set/after last round with KB
13:37 (16kg KB)

This was a fun and challenging WOD - I LOVE KB's so this was good.  The limiting factor on me using the 16KB was the one armed swings.  In warm-up I managed two one armed KB swings on each arm and could do it but it was hard - I knew there was no way I could do 30 twice.  Definitely a good choice.

The push-ups and SDHP's were quick - the 1 arm swings took a bit more out of me - I think I was still feeling the 65reps of KB swings at 20kg from Monday night too in my lower back.  I still managed to complete them in one set however.  The circles were no problem once I got into the rhythm then came the KB swings... 50!  Ugh!  My lower back by this point was screaming.  I think I broke them into 5 rounds of 10 swings which was the best I could do - I even had to do a half swing each time before going over head because I just didn't have the arm strength to put it straight overhead on the first rep.

Back down the ladder... the circles again were fine except I was trying to be careful not to rip my hands - I could feel them getting close - I had to use a loose grip with just my fingers as best I could.  The second round of one arm swings were killer - mentally and physically painful but I muscled through knowing that the sooner I got it done the closer I was to it all being over.  My lower back was feeling it.  The SDHP and push-ups again weren't that bad considering it was just fatigue and this point but it was easier to push through being so close to the end.

Fun little WOD, my love for KB's will forever be there.  Three days of rest - which include some stand up paddling (SUP) on saturday which will be fun... I do however need someone to massage both my shoulders and lower back - any offers?

No comments:

Post a Comment