Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2/13 - tired...

WOD
5 rounds
300m run
7 strict pull-ups
14 KB swings (20/32kg)
20:32 (red band/ Rx)

This did not feel good at all.  At all.  I felt so tired right from the start.  Went out fast on the first run but still felt good.  Solid.  Then I went to the pull-up bar and hooked my foot into the orange band.  I did two strict pull-ups then bailed for the red band as my arms were already tired.  I have no idea how this makes any sense because I've had the last four days off.  Four.  But yet it was a struggle.  The 20kg KB - the same - just felt *so* heavy even for 14 reps first round.  I mean I've done 100 swings with this weight no problem, no idea what was up.

Also, in rushing to finish (on the last set of 6 KB swings) I managed to rip the callus off of my middle finger on my right hand.  I knew I needed to chalk up but I didn't want to take the time with only 14 reps left... should have listened to myself but nope.  Thankfully I have a good system in place to heal tears quickly, works well and am all good again after a day or two.

I survived the workout but was the last one done (again!) and wasn't too happy about it.  It hurt and I just didn't feel right.

AfterWOD
300m run/row
2:54

I strongly considered bailing on the AfterWOD but I sucked it up and got it done.  Note to anyone who WODs in a lululemon skirt - make sure you're sitting on that thing fully before starting to row - I had just under 100m to go and it felt like someone stopped the seat from sliding back - it was in fact my skirt getting caught and made finishing a bit more complicated.  The run was ok, not breaking any speed records but I got it done and some days that's all that counts.


Need to speak to my coach about what's going on - perhaps I need to go lighter for a while, get back to being faster and then increase the weights again, I don't know.  The thing is that I see the Rx weights and know I can do them but I get tired fast because of it - might get better by going a bit lighter though mentally that's a struggle for me.  I do know that something isn't working though, my body isn't recovering (obviously) like it should be and that needs to be sorted out pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment