Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/12 - Hot SUP in the Summertime…


So last night due to extremely high temperatures (and my crazy work colleague having her heater on all day – what?) – I was hating on the heat and not looking forward to the extra super sweatiness of the box (though the workout of just jerks looked quite fun) so I had a midday (brilliant) idea and (almost) instantly got Cam to agree to my plan.  SUPing it was.

Raced home after work and changed into paddling clothes – aka standard attire of lulu speed shorts, lulu cool racerback tank and bikini top (not lulu).  Threw the boards onto the car – well, placed them gently at least – strapped them down and headed on over to Bicton Baths.  I’m sure it’s time to change the location up but out of fear of being eaten by a shark and setting sun I figured playing it safe was a better option.

We had a fun paddle into the wind heading over to East Fremantle then had some nice little runners to take us back and some really fun boat wake to surf (well, for me at least).  I’m not sure where it came from as I didn’t see a boat but there was a nice set of waves that came by and I caught one and just rode it without paddling for a while, such a blast though unfortunately I then had to turn off of it and try not to fall in as I was getting near the jetty.  Still, awesome.

It was a good choice for the night.  We didn’t go too far but it was nice to be on the water, calming and a good workout for an ‘easy’ day.  Worked up quite the appetite too which was awesome as we (Cam) bbq-ed for dinner.  Yum!

Back to the box tonight and I’m quite looking forward to it… we’re doing Randy again.  Let’s see if I can beat my last time of  6:35 (at 25kg).  Also did it  before in 5:36 (at 20.5kg) so we’ll see how tonight compares at 22.5kg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment