Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies


Can’t believe I’ve never posted this recipe before.  These are very easy cookies to make and very tasty too.  The recipe for a full batch is below but I usually just halve it and it makes plenty.

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 cups almond flour 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted 1/2 cup raw honey (I usually only use half this amount as it’s too sweet for me otherwise) 2 large eggs 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp sea salt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (almond flour, baking soda, salt)
Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (coconut oil, honey, eggs)
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well.
Stir in chocolate chunks or cacao nibs or anything else you choose (I’ve also used sultanas with some ginger)
Form into cookie sized shapes and bake.

I bake at about 180-200°C until they are slightly firm to the touch/ slightly brown.  No idea how long this is – less than 20 minutes though.

They never actually last long though if I make a full batch I can usually keep some in the freezer for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment