Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/15 - Friday Night Training



Showed up for sports class on Friday night (not the WOD).  It was a nice break to run home and hang with Cam for a bit before heading back together to Southern for a few hours of action.

It was a good one this night.

Strength

Snatch
2  @ 60% 1RM

2  @ 70% 1RM
(2  @ 80% 1RM) – 3 sets
25/30/35kg

Clean and Jerk
2 clean + 1 jerk @ 60% 1RM
2 clean + 1 jerk @ 70% 1RM
(2 clean + 1 jerk @ 80% 1RM) – 3 sets
40/45/50kg

Snatch Pull
3 @ 80% 1RM (of snatch) – 4 sets
35kg

Tara and I partnered up for this so I got a bit extra coaching from her which was AMAZING.  I am still jumping back a bit and need to get vertical instead and also slow down the initial phase of my pull until I get through the full hip extension.  Was a lot of fun though to have the time to dedicate to the movements.

The clean and jerk was a bit of a struggle – at least the jerk part was.  I was quite tired from the one arm dumbbell shoulder to overhead on Thursday so I lacked the confidence in the jerk which is normally the better part of this movement for me.  There were some good ones in there but I still need to have a quick dip/drive on the jerk rather than getting stuck in a slight pause at the bottom of the dip. 

The snatch pulls were just fun and not that heavy which was nice.

WOD
Tabata
HSPU
Box Jumps (24/30”)
Alternating movements for 16 rounds (20 seconds on/ 10 seconds rest)

This went way faster than I had thought.  I started on the box jumps with Tara on the HSPU’s and you barely had time to move over to the other movement and it seemed like Coach Jono was already saying 3-2-1-GO!  I managed to keep consistent on 10 box jumps each round and started out with 6 HSPU’s (scaled down to an ab-mat) then held on to 5 for all but one of the later rounds where I dropped to 4 because I couldn’t stay up on the wall.

Another fun Friday and a day I definitely like training on.  Cam and I stopped for a chicken feast at Nando’s on the way home as it was already almost 9pm and we were both ravenous.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment