Wednesday, April 3, 2013

3/25 – Revenge on the Ropes!



WOD
AMRAP in 7 Minutes
100m Run
10 Burpees
1 Rope Climb
 4 plus 100m

Was excited to see rope climbs in a WOD.  I haven’t done any since starting at Southern and I haven’t touched the Southern ropes specifically since the Primal Throwdown finals where they reduced me to tears (falling from that high will do it to anyone let alone someone who is already in an exhausted – physical and mental – state). 

The WOD was fun, I paced the run fairly well and stayed consistent through the burpees.  I made sure to use my legs during the rope climbs but my confidence was still a little lacking especially with me being out of breath and trying to go fast – because of this I chose to only go to 12’ rather than 15’.  I was okay with that as it’s still a little scary so no need to go too crazy.  I realized afterward talking to Bella that I’m reluctant to lean back when I’m moving my feet up which means I can’t get them as high as I would otherwise, I’m almost death gripping the rope but shouldn’t be.  Something to think about for the future.  Definitely happy though that I made it through these and conquered the ropes that once knocked me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment