Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4/2 – Tutu WOD and Squats



WOD
4 rounds
10 KB snatches each arm (16/24kg)
15 wall balls (14lb to 9’/ 20lb to 10’)
100 single skips
12:50 Rx (in a tutu)

Since I lost the 13.4 wager I had to do this WOD in a tutu.  It was however a really nice black tutu that Angie let me (or Cam) borrow.  Coaches Tara and Scotty got numerous laughs (and headshakes) out of it while they were coaching and every time it made me giggle.  Literally, giggle. 

I wasn’t sure I’d be able to skip in it but thankfully this wasn’t an issue – yay for all unbroken skipping.

The snatches were rough – I felt the ache in my shoulders (left one particularly) doing these and wished they were dumbbell snatches which I much prefer over KB snatches.  (for the record, I can hear Angie giggling and blushing now as she reads this with all that mention of snatching). 

The wall balls hurt a little but got easier as the rounds went on (as is usually the case with both these and thrusters).  I didn’t warm up my squats enough for these not to hurt at the beginning.  I tried to do a set of 10 and then a 5 but in one round I dropped the ball at 8 reps and then I think did 5’s in round 4.

Overall this wasn’t too bad (especially given I was wearing a tutu).  Nice change up at least and liked the movements.  Still hurt but managed to keep moving so I was happy.

Strength
EMOM 10
5 x 35kg Front Squat

Decided on the car ride home that I’d do a bit more strength work while Cam was  BBQ-ing dinner.  He has been a big fan of every minute on the minute (EMOM) work lately so I thought I’d give this a go with front squats – my glutes and hammies really need some solid work these days.  I (and he) initially thought 40kg would be a good weight but after one attempt (at the clean) my body thoroughly rejected the idea and I dropped it back to 35kg.  With the way my posterior chain is feeling today this was probably a good idea.  Ouch, it’s all a little sore.

By the end I was really ready for this to be over but managed to get through them all unbroken with big focus on staying tight in the bottom of the squat and keeping my knees out/ posterior chain engaged throughout.  Nice to be able to do this at home in the semi-darkness and get through it quite quickly.  Need to do more of these types of WODs.

Not impressed

Getting used to the idea

Succumbed to the laughter around me

No comments:

Post a Comment