Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5/1 - every minute...

Fun change up today as we did a WOD that was in the style of 'Fight Gone Bad' with different movements.

WOD
3 rounds
1 min pull-ups
1 min KB swings (20/32kg)
1 min double-unders
1 min hand release push-ups
1 min ab mat sit-ups
1 min rest
Score = total reps of all rounds
399 Rx

Pretty sad I was soclose to 400 but didn't quite make it even after I added up my rounds a dozen times.   The rounds went like this:

Pull-ups 12/12/10
KB Swings 18/15/12
DU's 60/55/50
Push-ups 20/26/25
Sit-ups 25/30/29
 Total 135/138/126

I was happy to beat my score in the second round but really struggled to hold on in round three.  Especially with the pullups and KB swings - my forearms got really tight.  The double-unders were solid until my shoulders would tire out and I'd need to rest.  But tried to keep them steady and bank as many reps with them as I could.  The pull-ups were evil - when I'd put the rope down I kept thinking that it was on to sit-ups but the push-ups would sneak in there and hurt (in such a good way).  Then sit ups, on the ab mat.  Definitely feeling those today - all of them.

Kayla gave me some great feedback on the pull-ups, I need to just grab the bar and give a big kick to get going rather than my little baby kicks which I try and find the rhythm...  will have to remember that!

AfterWOD
600m for time
2:51

Managed to convince Coach Tim to run this with me (he was about to warm up for the 6:30 class).  This really helped me.  It pushed me harder than I probably would have gone.  Was steady on the first lap, not letting Tim pull any distance on me and continued with this on the second which included picking it up a bit on the way out as he turned the corner and then keeping that up, longer strides and sprinting the last 70m into the box.  I didn't love it but I can't say I hated it as much as I usually do either so that's saying something.

Tim and I have also been chatting about doing some track workouts - short interval training as this will likely come up as part of the Primal Throwdown Comp in June which we're gearing up for.

No bruises today thankfully!



No comments:

Post a Comment