Monday, May 7, 2012

5/4 - "Clean and Jerks"

Week three of Clean and Jerks.  Another good one partnering up with Kirst.  Luke was away so Match was leading us through the exercises.

4 sets 4x hang clean to push press (20/25/30/30kg)
3 sets 1x power clean then 3x front squat (18/23/28/33/38kg)
3x3 power clean and jerk/ hang clean and jerk (23/28/33kg)
3x2 clean pulls (55/60/65/70kg)
2 rep clean and jerk (35/40/45kg)

I knew I'd be taking it a bit easier tonight because of the competition on Saturday but it was still great to go through all the movements.  I'm finding the cleans a ton easier when I get my shoulders out over the bar and drive my momentum upwards rather than back.  The clean pulls are also starting to feel better, like I'm actually about to rip my head off (which is the point) so I'm happy going heavier on them as well.  Probably could have tried for a higher weight on the clean and jerk but didn't want to push it - will save that for next week/ our last session.

No comments:

Post a Comment