Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5/8 - AMRAP 7/7/7

WOD
7 min AMRAP
10 bumper OH lunges (10/20kg)
10 clean & presses (30/45kg)
5/5 (23kg)
–1 min rest–
7 min AMRAP
10 push-ups
10 overhead squats (30/45kg)
4/8 (23kg)
–1 min rest–
7 min AMRAP
10 burpee plate jumps
10 thrusters (30/45kg)
3/3 (23kg)

Long WOD today - three 7 minute AMRAPs.  I knew I'd be going light as it was also our last night of Snatch Technique tonight too and I knew there would be a chance to test our maxes.  Even at 23kg* it still hurt.

In the first AMRAP I managed to do all the clean and presses in solid sets of 10.  My cleans feel so much better after all the technique focus lately.  The overhead lunges were tough on my tired quads but managed to do them all unbroken as well.  Was happy to complete 5 rounds plus.

The second AMRAP got harder quite fast.  My shoulders were pretty much done after the first one and the push-ups - started out in sets of 5 and quickly dropped down to 2 and 3's max - didn't help much and the OHS only compounded this fact.  I felt quite solid snatching the bar to overhead though on the OHS which I did in two sets of 5's each round.

Last AMRAP - ouch!  That's pretty much the only description.  It was about surviving, getting through it.  The burpees were as always just about keeping a steady pace through out and the thrusters killed though my squats felt good.  Bit disappointed I didn't get more than 3 full rounds but with how I was feeling it made sense.  Killer.

Had a bit of a rest then it was our last Snatch session.  More on that in the next post.

*I realized it's kind of crazy to consider 23kg "light" as it's 50lbs. My head still has trouble with kg in this context unless I convert it to lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment