Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/7 - bar hops and cleans... oh my!

Back at it last night after a ton of nothingness on Saturday night and Sunday.  I was pretty exhausted from the team competition, mostly fatigue and some soreness in my lower back.  I think I was asleep by 8pm or so on Saturday night and followed that with an amazing nap on Sunday afternoon.

Got to the box a bit early and started to stretch out the shoulders which instantly told me how tired they still were.  On the warm-up skipping I also felt my quads.  I knew it'd be a tough WOD but it was a short 6 minute AMRAP so I knew I could push through.

WOD 1
6 min AMRAP
5 deadlifts (50/75kg)
5 bar hops
5 hang cleans (50/75kg)
5 bar hops
5 cleans (50/75kg)
5 bar hops
3 rounds (40kg)

Apparently I can't read very well.  In my head when Coach Match said that over and back was one rep for the bar hops I got the number 20 stuck in my head - thinking I had to go over the bar a total of 20 times each time so I did a bit of extra work in there - my fault for not reading correctly.  Ha!

Initially I had 45kg on the bar as that's what I'd used the previous Monday when doing HSPU's and heavy cleans but that only lasted through the first 5 hang cleans then I dropped 5kg.  It was probably a pretty good move, it was still hard.  Was happy to finish off the third round in time.

WOD 2
4 rounds
300m run
30 ab mat sit-ups
8:42

Surprisingly I really enjoyed this one.  Normally I hope for no running when I look at the board but there was something about the cool air and rain when I arrived that made me hope we'd be outside getting wet and get wet we did.  I think when we started our first run the rain was sideways and we had a crazy head wind on the back side of the building - which was so kindly at our back for part of the last 50m.  I went hard on each round and stayed steady through the ab mat situps (which are starting to feel better each time).  I felt fast - probably due to the rain and the darkness but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment