Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/21 - (modified) Regionals WOD #6

Today was a good one - we did a variation on Regionals WOD  #6 as two of our coaches had just returned from the Australian Regionals the night before.  It was fun and I really liked the different format of it. 

WOD
3 rounds of -
7 deadlifts (60/80kg)
7 hand release push-ups ring rows
3 rounds of -
21 squat jumps
7 toes to bar
100m KB farmers carry (heavy!)
28 box jumps (20/24″)
100m KB farmers carry
3 hand release push-ups ring rows
17 min cut-off 

11:47 (Rx, 2x20kg KB, 24" for box jumps)

I subbed ring rows for the pushups as I'm still trying to let my shoulders heal and I'd rather ease back slowly (eliminating anything that kind of hurts) than trying to push it and setting myself back more - this is really hard for me though.

The deadlifts and ring rows were all unbroken.  The squat jumps were hard - my quads were tired from all the box jumps and leg work last week followed up by my beach run the day before but I pushed through them.  The toes to bar were fun, I haven't done these in a while and I really like them now - the first set was unbroken then 5-2 and 4-3.  I was happy with that.

I used two 20kg KB's for the farmers carry and my forearms killed.  I had to put them down on each one just over half way through - I didn't want to but I just couldn't hold on anymore.  The box jumps are getting better (I've done enough of them lately).  I'm actually starting to really like them and continue to challenge myself on the 24" box even though there were 20" boxes available at the time.  I was (mostly) stringing two together at a time (drop down and bounce right back up) though I still struggle with this.  I'm happy to keep practicing them though.  I really did enjoy this one and it seemed to take a lot longer than it actually did which was a good feeling. 

Team WOD
2 rep power clean “boat race” – AMRAP 3 mins

This was another fun one - we had teams of 3 and each person did 2 power cleans then once they'd locked out in the second rep the next person went and so on until the time was up.  We (just) completed 16 rounds.  We flew through the last minute even though it was getting harder.  I thought there would be more rest but it seemed like just as I put the bar down I had to be ready to pick it up again.  I used 33kg and it was good.  I was able to maintain a solid pace and good form throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment