Monday, May 28, 2012

5/27 - Sunday Sprints and SUP

WOD 1
Beach Interval Sprints
10 rounds
10 second sprint
50 second slow jog

Tim joined me for my weekend beach run and instead of a steady 2.5km beach run we did interval sprints.  I suggested 10 or 20 seconds on with the rest of the minute recovery time and thankfully we agreed upon 10 seconds of 'work'.  It was challenging, especially on tired legs.  It's quite impressive how far you actually do go in 10 seconds.  The 50 seconds of recovery was a good amount of time to catch your breath and get ready to go again.  Overall it was a short workout but I definitely felt in just a few hours later when I jumped on my SUP...

WOD 2
1.5km easy SUP session

This was great!  Because of my shoulders I haven't paddled at all in almost a month - while the rest was great for my body I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was out there again on a stunningly warm and sunshine-y morning.  Stimo brought some relative beginners out (and a bunch of his race boards) so we had an easy cruise down the river.  We switched around at the sandbar and I snuck onto Stimo's new DC 14' board.  It's a beauty.  Great shape, feels fast in the flats and real easy to jump onto runners with - there were a few times where I was able to read the water, take a few quick hard strokes and get a board length on him, it was awesome.  Good way to slowly ease back into it - I don't have any hard paddling in me yet (the worst thing for my shoulders) but going easy is great.

Still feeling my abs from "Annie" on thursday but also makes me realize that I do use them for stabilization on my board too.

No comments:

Post a Comment