Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/29 - KB day...

It was KB day today... the WOD didn't look too bad on the board but it was rather deceiving...

Strength/ Skills
OHS
18-23-28-33

Did four sets of 5 reps of OHS which I haven't done it a while - again, trying to increase my confidence/ repetition for snatching.  Also, new PR.

WOD
10 KB swings (heavy!)
20 KB circles
300m KB carry
20 KB swings (heavy!)
40 KB circles
200m KB carry
30 KB swings (heavy!)
60 KB circles
100m KB carry
14:13 20kg KB

I went with a 20kg KB as I haven't used my arms much lately... I managed to break the swings into sets of 10's until the last round where I did mostly sets of 5.  The circles were pretty solid, full sets but managed to rip my hands on the last 5 of the round - full on exploded blood blister that was a bit messy on the last KB carry but made it.  There is no easy way to carry a KB at all... it's just awkward all around but made it.

AfterWOD
2 min kettlebell swings KB front squats
score = number of swings x KB weight

29 reps x 24kg (2x12kg KB) = 696

After the exploded blood blister I wasn't risking any further damage with more swings so instead I got to do KB front squats - my legs are hurting but I made it through - sets of 5's mostly but oh so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment