Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12/13

WOD #1
5-5-5-5-5 front squat
30-40-45

Only did three rounds as I was struggling to keep my elbows high with my sore shoulders and didn't want to push it.  I did another set of 3 reps as well at 40kg with my heels on two 5kg plates which made a huge difference to the feel (better)... I can see the benefit of oly lifting shoes for sure - especially compared to my nike frees which are horrible for lifting

WOD #2
10 min AMRAP
16 KB thrusters
16 thigh slaps
16 bumper jumps
5/44 - 16kg KB (squats), 40 bumper (2 stacked 20kg's)

This was fun - again, I substituted squats for the thrusters as the rotation with the KB is hard on my shoulders but this was still a challenge - it's hard to find a comfortable way to hold onto the KB while squatting.  It also took a bit to really work into the flow of the bumper jumps - onto in, in front of, back onto, back behind = 1 rep but near the end I was stringing them together a little more seamlessly.  Was really trying to finish the 6th round (missed it by 4 bumper jumps).

Afterwards I was working on my pull-ups again - trying to connect the kipping now and I managed two - awesome progress - yay for more skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment