Sunday, December 25, 2011

12/24 - 12 Days of Christmas

Xmas Eve WOD
On the 12th Day of Christmas Cooee CrossFit brought to me… (drawn out of the hat, care of Lily)
One mountain climb
Two air squats
Three double-unders
Four sit-ups
Five walking lunges
Six toes to bar
Seven cockroaches
Eight pistols
Nine weighted get-ups
Ten (one) 200m run
Eleven box jumps
Twelve box dips
… work your way through, just like the song “On The 12th Day of Christmas”
23:20 (with an extra 200m run thrown in because I can't follow the song)

This was fun and I'm glad some of the potential movements stayed on the board - I'm looking at you burpees!  I got confused when I got to 11 - for some reason when I went out the door I thought I had to run 200m then do 11 box jumps then run another 200m.  I even tried to convince Tim of this (that he'd missed a 200m run - but he wasn't having any of it)... it wasn't until I was on the way back from the second 200m that I realized my mistake.  I thought maybe I'd just skip the 200m in the last round but when I got to it I decided to follow the WOD, sucked up my mistake and did it.  It was a lot of fun.

I did the toes to bar on the pull-up bar rather than the ground and although I can't quite get my toes to the bar I'm getting better than just knees to elbows - I'm about 3/4 of the way to getting them fully and I'm super excited about this new skill.  Another thing to work on in the new year!

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! (source)


Good Luck to Jack-eh! on his adventures in Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment