Sunday, December 25, 2011

12/25 - Christmas WOD... new tradition!

Our box - Cooee Crossfit - is awesome enough to post daily WODs for us to do on our holidays and today was the first one... it was a good one.

WOD
4 rounds -
25 lunges (with hands above head)
50 squats
10:58

This hurt... my quads were pretty much done by the time I finished... it was however really awesome to head to the park in the sunshine and do a workout - it feels right given that it's 30C here - a new Christmas tradition was born today I believe...

Match and Kirst were also so kind as to put together and EPIC challenge for the course of the next 9 days...  to be completed at any time in any order you'd like... 

PLUS! There’s a bonus holiday challenge –
Over the holidays, complete…
500 push-ups
500 sit-ups
500 squats
500 burpees
You can split these up however you like over the 9-day break and any reps completed in workouts contribute to your overall total.

Today I added 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups which along with the 200 squats means I'm on my way but those burpees, oh those burpees - they're going to kill me.  On the positive side however I will endeavor to re-do my 100 burpees for time to try and beat my last go when I was in the Cook Islands.  Need a little mental preparation first though.

Remaining totals:
400 push-ups
400 sit-ups
300 squats
500 burpees

Awesome Christmas Day - did you get a workout in?

My view for today's WOD

No comments:

Post a Comment