Friday, December 9, 2011

12/8 - "Grace"

Today we got it on with "Grace"... it was my first time with her and while fun I know if my shoulder hadn't been hurting I could have done better.

WOD:  Benchmark “Grace”
30 clean press/jerk for time (45/60kg)
3:49 (28kg)

The weight was light for me - but still my shoulder was hurting - and I figured it was best not to push it, no need to be broken for an extended period of time.  I managed to clean and press all the reps without much struggle (set of 10 then 4 sets of 5) but I'm feeling it today.  Glad I have a massage appointment already scheduled.

WOD # 2:
2 min KB swings – score = KB x reps
51 reps x 16kg KB = 816

HUGE improvement over my last attempt at this WOD - I got 720 (45 x 16kg) which I'm really happy about.  I initially considered using the 20kg KB which I have been using more lately in WOD's but thought using the 16kg would give me a better comparison from previous attempts and I'm not sure I could consistently swing the 20kg for the entire 2 minutes.  Perhaps next time!  As it was, I put the 16kg KB down once after 30 reps (I remember before struggling to get 20 solid reps - loving the improvements I'm seeing)...  managed to pick it back up quite quickly too. 

KB swings and clean and presses - two of my FAVORITE crossfit movements.  Great day!

"Grace" - source

















Afterwards I had to pull a Dukes of Hazard style move (climb in through the open window) to get into my car because some jerk parked both illegally (in front of an emergency exit) and a foot from my car making me unable to open my door enough to get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment