Sunday, December 25, 2011

12/23 - DU's and squats...

Was nice to have today off work to get in a WOD that wasn't super early... 9:30 is a wicked time and more relaxed that the other time slots (people don't typically need to rush off - except if they have Christmas shopping left to do... haha)

Strength:
3-3-3-3 back squats
30-40-50-60(PR) 

This was awesome as my previous PR was 55kg and I had no problem with the 50kg so I jumped to 60kg though slightly unsure.  Tim spotted me which really helped (he gets some credit here) - I didn't need his assistance but his voice was literally in my ear as I pushed through the reps and knowing he was there to catch me if necessary really helped with the confidence I needed - I'm super happy with this one!  Feeling stronger too!

WOD:
3 rounds -
10 OHS (30/45kg)
50 double-unders
5:07 (23kg- PR)

Again, PR on the OHS - previous best was 18kg so again, super happy...  I also love being able to rock the DU's which makes such a difference in WODs like this one.  I got the first 50 continuous (woo-hoo) then stopped once and then twice on the last two rounds.  Loved it.  Great pre-Christmas Eve WOD... I can't believe I've been doing this now for 5 months - such an improvement and loving every second of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment