Thursday, December 15, 2011

12/14

WOD
5 rounds -
4 hanging squat cleans (35/50kg)
8 pistols
12 pull-ups
12:59 (28kg squat cleans, orange band for pistols and pull-ups*)

This was a fun WOD though my hands started to pay the price... I was excited about the pull-ups as just the day before I'd linked my first two unassisted pull-ups.  The initial goal was to try and get the first 6 of the WOD unassisted but after the second one I knew it wasn't going to happen.  Instead I attempted an unassisted pull-up at the start of every set which I got for the first three rounds - tried for rounds 4 and 5 but failed (no-rep).  Was fun to at least try and I think this helped even if I wasn't getting full reps - I'm starting to figure out what it feels like.

My hands definitely paid the price again - didn't rip any calluses but I could feel them about it - lots of care needed...

After the WOD we did some ring rows and static ring holds which were hard when my arms were tired - hard to get my arms fully locked out but Kirsten reminded me that I need to focus on pushing down and not allowing my shoulders to come up to my ears... 

No comments:

Post a Comment