Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday WOD... on my front porch

Saturday afternoon quick WOD's... just me, my skipping rope, yoga mat and my front porch… who needs a gym?

"Annie"
50,40,30,20,10
DU's
situps
8:25

Slower than my previous attempt because I struggled on the 50 du's.  Was steady on the sit-ups but really need to work on the speed of them if I'm to drop any significant amount of time off of this WOD.

Mini* "Flight Simulator"
5-10-15-20-25-30-25-20-15-10-5
unbroken** DU's
10:27

*Full "Flight Simulator" goes up by 5's to 50 continuous DU's
**unbroken DU's for the number of reps then come to a complete stop and restart for the next set.

Was flawless up til the first 20 then struggled on 25 getting 17 and 22 before managing the 25.  Same for the 30, made about 5 attempts including getting as close as 28 before finally nailing them consistently.  This really adds to the frustration and you have to fight the urge to just give up - especially given that I was on my own.  Was pretty solid after getting the second set of 25 with only a few stuff ups.  I like this and it's a quick little bit of cardio that can easily be thrown in whenever/ wherever.

Feel like I accomplished a little something this Saturday (rather than just lying on the beach) after this workout though it was quick.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment