Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4/17...

Tonight was fun with lots going on.  Coach Pete has us at his mercy again and because  his warmups are always diverse I'll actually go through what we did for it tonight - I swear sometimes his warmups are harder than the WOD...

Warmup
100 single unders
5 15m sprints with partner banded resistance (photo below)
3 rounds of
-10 pushups
-10 deadlifts
100 single unders

Then we went through the movements of the WOD with just a bar.

WOD
4 rounds
5 push press (45/60kg)
6 hang cleans
7 deadlifts
300m run
1 min rest
12:45 - 35.5kg

Went heavier than I expected given the nagging pain in my shoulder with overhead movements but after a few reps it was good.  I managed to do all the rounds without resting the bar on the ground except a few times to regrip for the deadlifts.  I felt strong on the runs as well which is new for me - not saying I loved it by any means but felt like I could push and still be okay though knowing I had a one minute rest at the end of it helped.

AfterWOD
2 minutes of accumulated squat holds

Ouch.  I am not very good at these.  Managed to hold for the first 20 seconds but then needed help of the pole to not fall over.  This hurt and wasn't the best leading into our first Olympic Lifting Session... "The Snatch".  More on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment