Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/24 - squats

Quick update from Tuesday's WOD... plan was to go "light" again...

Strength
3-3-3 front squats
40-50-55(PR)

Previous PR was 50kg so was quite happy with this improvement though my shoulder was fighting the heavy weight.

WOD
4 rounds -
7 front squats (35/50kg)
14 bar hops
21 sit-ups
6:08 (28kg)

Went lighter on this one (finally) and I think it was good.  I did all the sets unbroken as it took  more time/energy to drop the bar and get it back up.  The bar hops are easier than they have been and I'm getting them pretty consistently now (hopefully the same will happen soon with box jumps).  The sit ups were just a steady slog through.

AfterWOD
Tabata squats
140

Coach Pete had us do an afterWOD because he loves us so much (/sarcasm).  Of course we did squats as we also had our snatch session that night.  I definitely felt this later in the night... more on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment