Monday, April 30, 2012

4/28 - Saturday Play Day

Met up with Tim and Pete at the box today to just practice some movements (HSPU's) and some heavier weights (24kg KB swings). 

It was a lot of fun, low key.  A nice change of pace.

I practiced my handstand pushups a bit - hands on red plates (5kg) and head down to ab mat (a little more than 60cm off the floor).  I then made myself do a set of 10 - it took about 5 minutes even though the first 5 were done in about a minute.  Need to work on endurance - I also found that kipping didn't necessarily help as I'd get stuck at the bottom while setting up for the kip.  If I can manage to just gt my head to touch and then push right back up it's almost easier (or so it seems).

Coach Match helped Shonelle and I with some muscle up skill work.  We can both get about half way up on the pull but both fail on the transition.  He had us use a low set of rings and sit on a band to allow us to practice the movement.  I still found it tricky but Shonelle rocked it.  My bets are on her for the first muscle up. 

Was about to call it a day and just do some mobility work when I realized I hadn't gone anywhere near the KB's.  Specifically trying to swing the 24kg as it's a standard for the girls for this upcoming weekends WOD Team Championships workouts.  Tim had suggested that I do 20 swings at a minimum and so I did.  I need 2 half swings to get it overhead fully but then I can easily do 5 swings (probably more) before my hands start to rebel.  I did 4 sets of 5 and called it a day.  It was however funny to pick up the 16kg KB for one swing afterwards - felt very easy.  Ha.

Fun day - low key crossfit - it's a nice change once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment