Friday, April 20, 2012

4/19 - overhead...

Strength:
1-1-1 split jerk
30-40-50(fail)-45

I could have likely gotten the 50kg rep but I lacked the confidence to fully drop under the weight.  It was however good to do this movement again before starting the clean and jerk sessions (tonight!) and seeing the progression.  I think between both oly lifting sessions we have going on I'll see some big improvements on getting low under the weight which is obviously the key to getting heavier lifts.

WOD
3 rounds
3 clean & jerks (50/80kg)
6 OH bumper lunges (10/20kg)
9 bumper clean & presses
12 OH bumper sit-ups
5:59 (35.5kg bar, 10kg plate)

This was way harder than I was expecting, specifically I thought the sit-ups would be the "rest" portion of the work and I was very, very wrong on this one.  My shoulders were the limiting factor on that part, keeping my arms overhead was a challenge on every rep.  I think on the last set I did 3 at a time - and at that point 12 seems like a huge number.

The clean and jerks were solid.  I probably could have gone heavier on them because I did then unbroken but again, it's the confidence in the movement that is keeping me from going heavier.  The lunges went quickly, thankfully.  But the arms overhead contributed to the fatigue that slowly built up over the round.

Bumper clean and presses were okay, hurt to lock out overhead with tired arms but got them all in straight sets.  Enjoyed the quick session of this WOD but definitely worked my shoulders good.

Finished off the night with some dips.  After the WOD I couldn't actually do any unassisted (not surprising) but did a couple where I would lower slowly down to full depth and then push back up as much as I could (not much).  I also did 3 sets of 5-3-3 with the yellow band as assistance.  Getting stronger and closer to my goal of a muscle up.

I'm wearing pink! - Source

No comments:

Post a Comment