Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/24 - "Snatch"

Week two of our Olympic Lifting Sessions with Luke.  Today I felt grumpy and tired and very sore.  It was a struggle.

Warmup
3 minutes skipping
then:
barbell snatch complex (3 rounds of 3 reps):

  • Hang-shrug
  • Hang-shrug high pull
  • Hang muscle snatch
  • Snatch press
  • OHS (hold at bottom for 2-3 seconds)
 Once again we partnered up and worked through movements designed to get us comfortable with all phases of the Snatch.

3x3 hang power snatch (20/25/25kg)
4x3 power snatch from floor (25/28/30.5/30.5kg)
2x4 OHS (30.5/25kg)
4x2 snatches (25/30.5/30.5/33kg)
3x4 snatch balance (25/25/25kg)
3x5 snatch pulls (40/50/60kg)

I will fully admit all of this was rough today.  I know I need some quality rest.  Lots of it.  But I struggled through and listened to my body, dropping the weight when I had to so that I could focus on form.

The beauty with having one coach for one movement is that you get to know each other and more importantly he gets to know what you need to focus on.  Again this week Luke called me out on jumping backwards in my explosive phase (this especially happens when I have a heavier weight) and also on locking out my arms fully.  I need to practice this because what feels like locked out to me actually isn't and fully locked out in fact hurts my elbows given that I'm not used to being in that position.  Good to know!  Consistency and repetition are key as is knowing what good technique/movement actually feels like.

As an aside- in last weeks post I'd mentioned that I wanted to Rx Isabelle after these 4 weeks however I've since noticed that the Rx weight for women on Isabelle is only 30kg (even though it's 60kg for men) - so my new goal is to complete Isabelle at 45kg after these sessions - blow Rx out of the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment