Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4/23 - PR's and Rx's

Another day at the box... I was planning to go light but you know how that story usually plays out,

Strength:
Deadlift – 12 mins to find your 1 rep max
95kg - PR

We did a deadlift ladder a few months back and I know my PR from that was 90kg and I was happy to get that and then make 95kg today as well.  I didn't even try to go beyond that.  95kg felt hard and I didn't want to go and hurt myself somehow (knowing me it'd be easy I'm sure).  I'll save the triple digits until next time.

WOD:
15-12-9-6-3 double-unders
3-6-9-12-15 hanging squat cleans (30/45kg)
6:40 Rx

This was fun. I haven't done a WOD with DU's in a while.  I still have plans to do "Annie" but it hasn't happened yet.  I managed all sets unbroken and they went by quickly.  The squat cleans on the other hand were tough.  I am getting quite comfortable in the squat position but the clean part was hard on my shoulder - poor grumpy shoulder.  Coach Match kept telling me to really get the shrug in my shoulders but my traps were really tight from the Sunday paddle so it was about finding that balance.

Overall a good day but not within my boundaries of going light.  It's hard when light is also quite close to 'Rx'.

No comments:

Post a Comment