Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2012 Open Reflections

2012 was my first year doing the games open, other than a beginner level team competition (Affiliate Cup - November 2011) I haven't done any other competitions.

The beautiful thing about the games is that it pushed me beyond my limits both physically and mentally.


Physically:
-PR on my snatch - 35kg (27 reps)
-PR on my push presses - 34kg
-completed a WOD with strict toes to bar
-unassisted chest to bar pullup (18 reps)

Mentally:
Where do we even start mentally.  I pushed limits I didn't even know I had.  Giving everything I had for just one more rep, one more.  Knowing at times that my TEAM was relying on the score I was putting up.  Struggling through movements for a very long time (longer than in a normal WOD where I'd just scale after a few missed reps) - not giving in even when I'd already previously posted a better score for that WOD.  Fully living the mantra that there's no giving up in Crossfit, ever.  I learned how much more I can (and will) push myself going forward and I've also realized my limitations (hello wall balls).  I never gave up on any of the WODs and I embraced the challenge of the heavier weights (with a bit of trepidation and fear).

The physical improvements were a great reinforcement but I'll take all the mental lessons learned this year overall.  Huge leaps.

I'm happy that I was able to post a score for each of the workouts.  At the end of it all I placed 615/948 in Australia and 9905/12790 overall in the individual women's category.  I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment