Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3/27 - Monday Madness...

Hamstrings quads, glutes, lower back, lats, shoulders, traps, triceps.... no that's not an anatomy lesson, it's a quick review of the muscles in my body that currently hate me.  So sore.  And it's only been 12 hours.  I can't wait to see how the next 24 go as currently I can barely walk up the stairs here at work.

On the bright side, it's only making me better.  Stronger.  Closer to muscle ups and Rx-ing every WOD.

Strength
3-3-3-3 one legged deadlifts
18-28-35-40

This was challenging - required strong focus on good technique otherwise you'd fall over.  Really felt it in my legs on each lift but it was good.  Stronger than I'd expected.  Can't wait to try the (two leg) deadlift ladder again soon and see if I can beat my previous PR of 90kg.


WOD
3-5-7-9 x 3
Squat cleans (30/45kg)
Competition push-ups
15:00 - Rx (missed 6 squat cleans and 9 pushups)

 So - first lifting WOD that I've Rx-ed (at least in quite some time).  After the open WODs I knew I had to up my game overall, push myself as no one else is going to.  I need to stop taking the middle ground and go heavier when I can.  12.5 showed me I could do 30kg thrusters so 30kg squat cleans were a go.  I also decided that I was done with knee push-ups.  For some reason even with all my other improvements in the past 8 months of crossfit I've only ever done knee pushups.  Over.

I started out strong on this WOD.  Felt ok but the squat cleans catch up pretty quick.  My legs were hurting.  I also learned I can't count so well so I did the sets of 3 and 5 then on the third set I broke it up into 5 reps and 4 reps for both the squat cleans and the push-ups.  Thankfully at that point I marked off what I'd done on my board and realized I'd missed 7's so I went back and filled in the round of 7.  I probably should have used that round of 9 for the 7's and then done 9's again but I knew as it was I was already close to not finishing.

The first two rounds I got through in about 10 minutes - on pace to finish but I was slowing down quite a lot on the squat cleans.  This is where my games focused mentality started to come through - every rep counts, pick up the bar, do as many as you can, drop the bar, 3-2-1, breathe, pick up the bar, go again until they were done.  I pushed through the round of 7 situps with under 20 seconds left and jumped back onto the bar to get three quick reps in.  It was all I had.  It hurt but I know I gave it my all.  And I'm proud of the jump that I made.  It's going to be slow and hard but I'm getting better and my body knows it (so sore) but I also in a very sadistic way enjoy working so hard.

Muscle-Up Skills
3 x 5 assisted dips for form

Did these on the parallel bars.  The first set I used the orange band as that's what I'd used the other week when we first did this skill.  The following two sets I did with just the yellow (smallest band).  They were extremely hard especially in the 4th and 5th rep but I focused on good form and full range of motion and got them done.  Happy with that.  Slow and steady progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment