Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend (Paleo) Confessions

I have to admit it I had a really bad Paleo(ish) weekend... it was hot - I'm talking 40 degree hot and food was not appealing to me at all.  I found that rather than eat well I just didn't eat most of Saturday - had a protein smoothie with mango and banana before redoing WOD 12.3 and afterwards an delightful coffee.  Post beach there was a nectarine that I grabbed at the market then nothing until dinner which was a homemade hamburger, pickle and sweet potato - nothing was very appealing - me and food were not friends.

That night I had a hot (12 year old) date to see Hugo and of course he had all the good snacks packed.  I ate a ton of grapes but have to confess that I did sneak a few of his extra spicy doritos (tasty so I was quite please when he polished off the bag).

Sunday was pretty much the same all over again.  I had another smoothie for breakfast (about the only thing lately that is still appealing to me) and then an apple as the 12 year old and I wandered around Adventure World.  I had way too much sun even while trying to stay in the shade and in the water to remain cool - my stomach just wasn't that happy.  I had a coke slushie on the way home with him because it was just so hot (though didn't have any coffee) and skipped lunch (food wasn't appealing).  Relaxed for about an hour then it was off to SUP so I knew I needed some calories - grabbed a Lara Bar and inhaled most of it and lots and lots of water.

After another 3.5 hours at the beach, paddling and playing in the water I was famished.  Dinner was a massive pork chop, brussel sprouts and asparagus but I also added some potatoes to my plate - they were what was appealing to me most of all that food - with a little butter and salt they were heaven.  Post dinner I also indulged further with some salt and vinegar chips which while tasty didn't sit well in my belly - but the 12 yo was eating them right in front of me and I couldn't resist the temptation.  Considering the lack of food all weekend they weren't a big deal calorie wise* but I know that they weren't the healthiest option and the feeling I had afterwards confirmed the fact.

Hopefully with the temperature dropping (slightly) and being back at work (air conditioning) I'll get back on track in the food department (eating enough and well).

I know it wasn't a great weekend but I'm back at it full on this week - and once the company leaves my house all those temptations will be gone as well.

*I do not believe in counting calories AT ALL.  I don't think this is a good way to maintain health but it warrants it's own post another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment