Thursday, March 29, 2012

goals, accountability and unconditional support... the spirit of crossfit

I found the following WOD on the crossfit games site yesterday - a top games competitor listed it as his favorite WOD and I couldn't think of anyone better to share it with than Coach Tim.  He lives for this kind of stuff.  
 
Godzilla WOD:
Three rounds for time
1 OHS (135kg men)
2 rope climbs
3 snatches (90kg men)
4 ring muscle-up handstand push-ups
 
Video on youtube - search "Kenny Leverich Godzilla."
 
Today I convinced(?) Tim to do this.  He gave himself a few years to get there but we negotiated and I told him that in 6 months he needs to complete this WOD (scaled) - 100kg OHS and 80kg snatches.  His current PR's  are OHS - 90kg and Snatch - 72.5kg.   I think he'll do it easy.

In return I'm focused on that muscle up.  End of June. Target.

Sometimes it's just about little things like this.  Making deals with yourself, with another.  Someone to hold you accountable like Tim did to me the other night - walking into the box and asking if I'd done my static ring holds yet.  That's what makes us all better.  Goals, accountability.  Accountability mostly from ourselves (how bad do you really want it?) but it's also that encouraging nudge from another, the unconditional support of purely wanting someone to achieve something great. 

It's inspiring to see someone achieve their goals, to be excited for them as they push their limits beyond where they are currently or where they think they can get - that support helps both mentally and physically.   So here's to Tim's Godzilla WOD and my muscle-up and to anyone else who wants to boldly declare their goals and find the encouragement and support that's right here waiting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment