Friday, March 30, 2012

3/29 - "Helen"

Strength:
5-5-5 back squat
40-50-60

Liked doing this one again, 60kg is my current back squat PR and while I didn't increase this at all today I got through all 5 reps pretty solidly which shows that I'm improving.  My lower body though still feels like my weakness overall though.

Benchmark WOD: “Helen”
3 rounds -
400m run
21 KB swings (16/24kg)
12 pull-ups
14:12 (Rx KB, pullups - 6 reps/round Rx/ 6 orange band)

When I walked into the box and saw this on the board I was complaining.  Having done "Claudia" just two days before I didn't like how similar they were.  Of course I did the WOD anyway and it wasn't too bad.

I need to work on my running.  I was the slowest coming back into the box on the first run and I just can't seem to push myself as hard on these as I need to be.  It just hurts.  But if I'm going to start taking time off of these benchmark WODs (Claudia, Helen, etc.) then I'm going to have to speed up my legs. 

Once again I managed to do unbroken sets for the KB swings in all rounds though I'm definitely feeling it in my lower back today.  I was trying to let the KB just sit in my knuckles without grasping too hard as I didn't want to burn out my forearms for the pull-ups.  It seemed to work.

The pull-ups were fairly solid.  I managed to do 3 sets of 2 each round unassisted but really had to kip hard to get them.  I'd then do the second six of the set with the orange band (second smallest) - the first round was 6 straight then I think I did 3-3 the other two rounds.  I'm quite happy too that there was no torn skin.

I'm wearing flats today.  I noticed yesterday at work (in heels) that my the pad on my right foot was quite sore - it's felt bruised since doing the box jumps in 12.3 in my new inov-8 Bare-XF 210's and I think that all the running on Tuesday hurt it a bit more (for some reason only one foot though).  Anyway, yesterday didn't help the matter and now I have to start caring for my foot a little bit better. 

Also - I didn't do my 3x5 C2B pullups tonight as I'd done the pull-ups during the WOD.  I did however play a bit with my HSPU's and managed 3x5 down to a ab mat on a 5kg plate and did these all without kipping.  I tried a couple down to just the ab mat and I got up on one but had to kip to get back up. 

Where's 'Jac' (hint- look for the shoes!) - Source

No comments:

Post a Comment