Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3/12 - "Mary Likes to Clean"

No rest/ taking it easy on my aching shoulders today... I silently cursed Coach Tim after reading this on the board and hearing it was his head that came up with it.  My shoulders are tired - I was going to go easy but with this one... not going to happen.  The WOD:

WOD – “Mary likes to clean”:
20 minute AMRAP -
1 attempt max clean
5 HSPU
10 pistols
15 pull-ups
Score = total weight cleaned
354

The first two cleans were at 40.5kg then the next 6 were at 45.5 (new PR!).  My technique however was getting a little weird on the heavier weight - for some reason I tend to jump back rather than down and under the bar - something to really focus on when we work on heavier stuff - hopefully there's more change to practice these movements.

I loved the handstand push-ups... loved (basically because there were only 5).  I lowered down to an ab mat on a 10kg plate and was able each round to do 5 consecutive with a kip on my last rep (to practice).  The pistols were easy enough to get through (I used a red band) and the pullups were hard but doable.  I did the first two reps of each set unassisted (big improvement here) and then the rest with the red band.  Usually I'd use the orange band maximum (bands from lowest to highest at our box - yellow, orange, red, blue) but the condition of my shoulders wasn't going to allow it - I needed to pull back somewhere and this was the place to do it. 

I enjoyed this one after it was done - though cursed it all the way through.  Time seemed to pass quite quickly.  I need a bit of rest so hopefully tonight isn't shoulder heavy and/or completely scalable.  I'm down with going light.  Then tomorrow is a rest day before gearing up for 12.4 on Thursday night.

Also, I got to play DJ for tonights WOD... always a daunting task as you don't want anyone to hate your music as for it to be changed but at one point Stimo did ask for just that - I don't blame him however as Weezer's Surf Wax America is energetic crossfit music for the first half then slows down way too low - oops.  Anyway, here's the playlist (not all songs were played)... if anyone has more music suggestions let me know, I'm going to update/ alter this one for future WODs.

Papillion - Airborne Toxic Event
The Boys of Summer - Ataris
So What'cha Want - Beastie Boys
All the Small Things - Blink 182
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
All I Want - A Day to Remember
Epic - Faith No More
Great Expectations - Gaslight Anthem
Holiday - Green Day
Nosebleed Section - Hilltop Hoods
Constructive Summer - Hold Steady
Bittersweet Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay-Z vs The Verve
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
My Way - Limp Bizkit
One Step Closer - Linkin Park (need more linkin park)
Uprising - Muse
Summer of 69 - MxPx
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
The Kids Aren't Alright - Offspring
B.O.B - Outkast
Jumpstart - These Kids Wear Crowns
I Wanna Dance with Somebody - The Kids Wear Crowns (because we had an all Whitney playlist one day)
Surf Wax America - Weezer (to be deleted)

No comments:

Post a Comment