Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7/23 – DU’s and running, mostly running…



WOD
300 DU’s
Every time you trip run 200m
10 minute cap
165

Well, this was one cardio WOD though I had fun with it even as my DU’s left me behind.  I started strong with close to 50 reps and then after that was mostly stuck to 20-30 each set.  Thankfully I had no sets where I tripped only a few reps in as that would have sucked even worse.  It was funny how quickly this became mental rather than a physical task – I found a few times where I was so focused on counting or getting to a ‘certain’ number that I’d forget to jump or my timing would be off so that was an issue – lack of concentration of all things.

I didn’t kill the runs knowing that I wanted to have some breath to get into the DU’s fairly quickly.  I did an extra speedy 200m at the end hoping I’d make it back in before time ran out so I could get maybe another 10 DU’s (really wanted 175) but that wasn’t the case, I got back from that run and it was 10:18 on the clock (10 minute time cap) so no luck.  Happy to have done it though and maybe one day I’ll be as hardcore as Shash and get 300 reps unbroken – rockstar!

No comments:

Post a Comment