Thursday, July 4, 2013

7/3 – Wall Balls and DU’s again…



WOD
5 rounds
20 double unders
10 KB swings (24/16kg)
5 wall balls (14lbs to 9’)
7:44 Rx*

*went to 10’ on the wall balls for extra practice (note, this sucked)

Once again I *think* this is my time – need to photo the board after class so I can remember.  Oh well, close enough.

Partnered up for Ali on this one and sneakily managed to go first this time – she asked me so that was my response.  Cheeky, I know.  Heh.

I went unbroken on all the DU’s which felt solid (note that I did 48 unbroken in the warm-up 30 seconds as well, wanted 50 but just missed out).  There was one round where I tripped before I’d even started so the 20 following were still unbroken, I’ll take it.

The KB swings were also unbroken.  I can remember the first Rx WOD I did (‘Claudia’) with a 16kg KB and what an achievement it was then compared to know, such huge improvements.  The wall balls were my downfall.  I think I had an equal number of ‘attempts’ as I did actual reps.  Not cool at all, quite frustrating actually.  There were reps that were high enough and yet didn’t hit the wall and several that just didn’t make the 10’ line.  I am quite happy that Ali was there judging/ no repping me because I really wanted to just say ‘screw it’ and drop to the 9’ line but I persisted.  It’ll make it easier to always practice at this height for when they are the comp standards or for when it’s a 9’ target (should be spot on in form then).  I was still ‘shot putting’/ shooting hoops with many of them, not a habit I want to get into and I’m not even sure why I’m doing it but need to stop it.

Overall this was another fun little WOD after the weekend – similar but definitely not as much of a lung burner as the weekend WOD was.  I did struggle toward the end – in the fourth round of KB swings my back cramped up which made the finish that much harder, I kept at it but felt it after it was all done.  Lots of mobility on my back afterward, need to let it fully recover from the stress of the weekend.

Also, Hi Steph!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment