Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6/26 - HSPU's and KB Swings

Today was definitely a taper day, easing off before Primal Throwdown.  It was a straightforward WOD that I knew I was going to scale.

WOD
7 minute AMRAP
20 KB Swings (24/16kg)
10 HSPU's
5+20 (5 HSPU's to 2 abmats/ 12kg KB swings)

I went with both half the reps of HPUS's and scaled to 2 abmats and also dropped the weight of the KB swings to 12kg.  Surprisingly still it was challenging - I think because it's harder to find anywhere to rest - I knew I could do the swings unbroken with the lighter weight so it was just a matter of focus and pushing through when you wanted (for no reason) to put it down.  The HSPU's were mostly unbroken except a few times where I came off the wall.  It felt good, not too taxing but still a solid WOD and a good ending of the week before heading into the weekend.

There was a lot of mobility happening after.

No comments:

Post a Comment