Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jack's Wednesday WOD...

WOD #1
10 min AMRAP -
50 double-unders
15 pull-ups
10 power snatches (Rx 30/45kg)
2/64 - two full rounds plus DU's and 14 pullups (DU's, Blue/Orange bands, 18kg snatches)

This was a fun WOD though I still get frustrated sometimes in the DU's.  I am however no longer considering SU's as a substitute which is a nice change.  I realized that it's the DU's that are hurting my shoulder - I tend to lock my shoulders in one place during them and it gets quite tight - hopefully now that I'm conscious of this I'll do it less.  Loved the pull-ups again - weird.

WOD #2
8 min AMRAP -
200m run
8 pistols
10 KB thrusters - one armed (Rx 16/24kg)
2/1 - two full rounds plus a 200m - 8:21 total time (pistols with blue band, 12kg KB)

This was another fun WOD.  I don't mind the 200m run anymore.  It's short enough to not be too painful allowing me to run harder/ finish sooner.  Maybe someday that will be the case for the 400m and longer runs.  The thrusters were a bit awkward - not quite used to the movement with the KB using one arm.

It was interesting too - the clock was broken today so Kirsten was timing our AMRAPs with a stopwatch around her neck.  During the first WOD when I was on the DU's in my third set I asked her 'how much longer?'... and the reason for this wasn't what you'd expect when someone asks that - it wasn't because I wanted it to be over - in fact it was more the opposite.  I wanted to know how fast I'd have to go to finish the third set before time was up - I was competing with the numbers on the board - the highest that anyone had got was 3 rounds plus some reps so I also wanted to get 3 rounds.  Interesting to realize in the thick of it all how my head is working.  I realized it was the same the other night too when doing the 100 situps for time - I watched the clock to see how my pace was... 

No comments:

Post a Comment