Friday, September 2, 2011

A little stronger today...

Today I got a bit stronger...  dragged my butt out of a very warm bed while the rain poured down in the darkness outside - probably a harder task than the workout (I really like my bed)...

WOD #1:
3, 3, 1, 1, 1
Split jerk
 Max final rep: 38kg (84lbs)
This was the first time I did split jerks in a workout - I think I could probably do a higher weight next time but it's the confidence I need first in the movements.  Committing to the lift entirely.

WOD #2:
4 rounds for time (Match was generous this morning and reduced it from 5 rounds due to time) -
5 OHS (30/45kg)
10 barbell roll-outs
15 clean & press
10:06

Used 18kg (40lbs) - should use 20kg next time - bigger bar only as the grip doesn't hurt my girly hands as much... haha.

First time doing roll-outs today.  They are evil.  Painfully, wickedly, can feel the strength increasing in my abs on each rep evil.  Today was a good class.

The box is adding a 6:45am class next week so I'll get to sleep in til 6am instead of 5:15.  Perfect.  Also, in talking to Jack before class - Crossfit morning is the.only.morning that I don't hit the snooze button.  If I did I wouldn't get to class and then I'd be in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.  Fun!

Also, an update from Wednesday - the full workout - in addition to 'Claudia' was: 

WOD #1 - for time
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Push-ups with hand release
Air squats
3:23

WOD #2:  Benchmark WOD “Claudia”
5 rounds for time -
20 KB swings (16/24kg)
400m run
19:26 RX!!

WOD #3:
Tabata backwards skips (where the girls rule and the boys stumble, gotta love grade school coming back to help on a workout - just like riding a bike) 
330 skips (Vicki rocked it with 369)

I figured out also that it's easier with a longer rope.  Longer rope it is now!

The girls doing rollouts (my arm is there in the back)... 

photo credit: http://cooeecrossfit.com.au/2011/09/wod-2911/

No comments:

Post a Comment