Friday, September 30, 2011

This morning I got it on with 'Fran'... this is how it went:

Another girl.  This morning it was Fran which we did only a few weeks ago as Running Fran.  I like Fran without the running much better.  It was actually quite a fun WOD as I'm starting to enjoy pullups too.

WOD #1
21/15/9
Thrusters (Rx 30/45)
Pullups
7:00 (23kg/ 50lbs, blue/orange bands)

I really enjoyed this workout, it was hard but since it was the third day (of three) this week that I've done pull-ups I'm starting to actually enjoy the movement - I'm going to go for blue/yellow bands next time they're in the wod.  Stronger.  Still had to rest a bit during the pull-ups but I could still bang out 5-7 each go until the end where it dropped to 3-4 at a time.

I didn't mind the thrusters - was glad I went to 23kg (instead of 18kg) and pushed myself.  Can probably go a bit higher in weight next time we do this workout but I did start to feel my (left) shoulder a bit towards the end so it was good that I didn't push it anymore.

Match was working out in front of my on the thrusters and beside me on the pullups so I had someone to 'race' (though he was Rx).  Apparently he was chasing Ross so we were all motivated to go faster which was good. 

WOD #2
2 min L-sit (hold as much as possible)

This was a struggle.  I can't do L-sits that well and I found that it was really hurting my wrists.  After the WOD Kirsten showed me the correct form - really focusing on pushing up rather than slouching through the shoulders.  I could feel the difference and can see how the need to push up will reflect in other movements (rings, etc.) so it's something to work on.

I did this workout in my sock feet.  On Wednesday doing the first WOD (DU's, pull-ups, cleans) my left foot started cramping - I think it was from the DU's but cramped when it was in the bands for the pull-ups.  During round 2 of that WOD I kicked my shoes off.  So today I made the decision just to go shoeless because my foot was still a little tight and I didn't want to chance it - plus there was no running anyway.  Guess I need a little more time to fully get used to my new shoes. *Edit: I think it might be my work heels - went out for lunch and my feet cramped up on the way back - or perhaps a combination? Poor little feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment