Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm walking funny today...

 WOD #1
4 rounds for time of -
18 KB swings (24/32kg)
12 push-ups with KB claps
6 pistols
8:22 (16kg KB, FULL push-ups, blue band for pistols)

WOD #2
10 minutes of double-unders – do 7 burpees on every minute
Score is total number of double-unders
102 - last 4 sets of burpees I did as situps as my deltoids were killing - even skipping hurt.

Last night was fun, another small class - me and the 'lads' this time. It was also my third day in a row.  And there seems to have been a lot of skipping this week.  I got to the box a bit early so got a chance to practice my DU's with the previous class while they did the second WOD.  I can get somewhat consistent DU's with a single skip in between but I'm trying to eliminate this as it's just an extra waste of energy.  I managed eventually to link 4 double unders together without the extra skip - but only once.  Managed, 2-2-3-3-4.  Felt satisfied with this - though my right arm paid dearly for it.  Everytime I *missed* a DU the rope would stop under my feet but manage to always whip my right arm (and only my right arm).  Odd and painful.  But I was determined.  Determination is greater than pain.

I LOVE kettleball swings.  They hurt *so* good.  And I'm getting better (at least Tim tells me so, it hurts all the same but yes, I'm banging more out in one go that when I did Claudia).  I used 16kg again and it did feel easier though the push-ups didn't.  I did manage to do them from my toes and not my knees which was a first.  It actually just happened that way without much thinking about it.

So many DU's.  My calves were a little sore from the skipping and box jumps on tuesday night and are even worse this morning.  I mean - oh man, why do I have to wear heels - walking funny.  Though I did wear long sleeves today to hide the whip marks - otherwise I think my coworkers would get the absolute wrong impression of what I actually did last night.  Heh.

Now I get two days of well earned rest.  And I have a massage appointment scheduled for tomorrow which I am so looking forward too - it won't be the same as it's not Sommer but it will do - help get everything back in line.

I'm feeling stronger and starting to see the difference in my body - my muscles.  What seemed to hard and terrifying 5 weeks ago (yes, I've just completed my 5th week of WOD's - only my 5th week) is now a challenge that I look forward to, I almost crave it.  I can't ask for anything more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment