Monday, September 12, 2011

Saturday at the Park near the Beach... (catching up)

Saturday - another stunning day for an outdoor WOD.  Again there was a large turnout at 8am - 26 people.  Match was leading us today and I knew it wasn't going to be easy when no equipment was brought to the field (no sandbags, medicine balls, skipping ropes, nothing, nada, uh-oh).

After the warmup we were told to group ourselves into 4's, introduce ourselves then sub-divide within those groups into pairs.  Then each pair was to match up with another pair.  It was a nice way to meet some new people though I know Vicki (my partner) and then matched up with Jack and his friend so really only met one new person (and Dom and his partner - who's name I already forgot - I'm bad at that).

First WOD - line up as a team - person one doing box jumps, person two doing squats, person 3 doing push ups, person 4 sprinting out to the cricket pitch and back - person 1-3 keep going until person 4 returns then once tagged move forward one spot with the person doing box jumps running out.  We made it through 2 entire spots during the time (I think it was 5 minutes).  I managed 108 reps of push-ups, squats and box jumps (no idea how many of each).

WOD 2
AMRAP (3 minutes)
1 pushup, 1 situp, 1 squat,
2 pushups, 2 situps, 2 squats,
3 pushups, 3 situps, 3 squats...
...and so on.
I did exactly 8 rounds.

WOD 3
Hill sprints and burpees
Do 5 burpees then run backwards up the hill to the tree line then do 5 more burpees.  Repeat 3 times.

Pretty much as soon as the last person finished this WOD (I was one of the last few - burpees!) we jogged out to the cricket pitch then did more sprints.

WOD 4
Sprint to the end of the cricket pitch (rest is whatever time is remaining of 45 seconds)
Sprint backwards back to where you started (rest is same as previous)
We did this 5 times only we shortened it up on the last two and had only 30 seconds total of run/rest
I was pretty close to puking, no joke.

WOD 5
Match gave us the option here of long or short and most people picked short though it would have been a lot more fun to do the long version.
Short version - sprint run across field to tall tree half way up the hill and back.
Long alternative was the same task only in our teams of 4 with one person at any given time not allowed to have their feet on the ground (so they would be carried in some way).  I think this would have been quite humerous.  Heh.

On my way home I was considering this workout again and comparing it to other sessions we've had at city beach and began thinking what the WOD's would look like if I had the chance to make it up... I was discussing this with Match yesterday and he told me to let him know, said I have 3 weeks to do so... I'll post my ideas in another post which I'll update...

No comments:

Post a Comment