Monday, September 12, 2011

Tonight I did Fran... Running Fran... harder Fran...

Tonight's WOD was "RUNNING Fran"

WOD #1 “Running Fran”
21 thrusters (30/45kg)
21 pull-ups
600m run
15 thrusters
15 pull-ups
400m run
9 thrusters
9 pull-ups
200m run
16:54 23kg (50lbs), blue and orange bands for pullups (I need to work on pullups)

This was hard - the only good thing was that each set got shorter.  The last 200m sprint was okay, it wasn't long enough to fully hurt and I knew the faster I went the faster I'd finish (and be able to collapse onto the floor - which I did).

WOD #2
500m row (1:59)
500 single-unders (4:01)
6:00 long rope (blue handles)

Super sweaty on this one.  Had a good finish on the row as Jack A. was beside me and Kirst was cheering us on - she said something about it being a race to the finish so I knew we were close*.  I was focused the whole time on my split time - time/500m - it started about 2:02 but I got it down and was pretty constant at 1:59.  I started aiming to finish under 2 minutes and "racing" Jack helped as I got the last 100m below 1:55.  Just got in under 2 as well - 1:59.4.  I'll take it! (*note that Jack A. started 30 seconds after I did on the 500m row)

The single-unders were a beast - it just takes focus.  Focus on the skipping and not the sweat or exhaustion.  I also realized that it was harder to start again once you got tripped up so it was best to just keep going even if you had to slow down a little - though I tried to go superfast when I could just to get them done sooner.

It's getting warmer now - last night was calling for rain and I could feel the humidity in the air.  It makes it harder for me.  I don't know how I'll manage in the height of summer (though there is air conditioning in the box).  I'm hoping that as it warms up I'll build up my tolerance and be okay.  Also, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Tim showed up without gear to change into for the workout so I let him borrow my Pats t-shirt (also his favorite team so it's cool)... it fit but was a v-neck that made him quite self-conscious... it was cute.  Haha.  I'm trying to get the picture!

Posted with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment